Saturday, October 16, 2010

MONSTERS WE'VE KNOWN AND LOVED (1963)


Around 1970 I remember seeing a re-broadcast of this black & white 25 minute tv special when I was just a kid. I didn't realize it was an episode of a 1963 tv series called "Hollywood and the Stars". If I recall, it ran one Saturday afternoon on our local UHF station WDCA - Channel 20 - in Washington, DC, in between a few old horror movies. (Thank you Dick Dyzell!)


This fun collection of clips ranging from monsters of the silent movie era to classic Universal-type monsters to the z-budget zombies of Ray Dennis Steckler's "Incredibly Strange Creatures..." cult flick, from classic horror stars to giant monsters, is a long time fave of mine. And as I didn't see it posted online anywhere I thought I'd slap it up just in time for Halloween. And so, in the words of narrator Joseph Cotten, "Now, don't send the children to bed. We want all of you to meet... Monsters We've Known And Loved."!

WATCH PART 1 OF 2:

WATCH PART 2 OF 2:


LINKS:
Buy Monsters We've Known And Loved along with the 1944 feature film Cry of the Werewolf, both on 1 DVD-R, at Trash Palace here!

Hollywood And The Stars on the Internet Movie Database at www.imdb.com/title/tt0056765/

2 comments:

Dave Nuttycombe said...

Genius!

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this on YouTube. I remember trying to watch this in the early 1960s when "Hollywood and the Stars" aired on NBC, and couldn't take it because it scared as I was little then.